The most popular alternative is Terminator, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 13 alternatives to Cathode so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Cathode alternatives are iTerm2 (Free, Open Source), GNOME Terminal (Free, Open Source), Konsole (Free, Open Source) and Terminal (Free).
- Terminator, multiple terminals in one window. The goal of this project is to produce a useful tool for arranging terminals.
- iTerm2 is a replacement for Terminal and the successor to iTerm. It works on Macs with macOS 10.10 or newer.
- GNOME Terminal is a terminal emulator for the GNOME desktop environment written by Havoc Pennington and others.
- Konsole is a terminal to run a command shell. It provides a command line interface for directly controlling your computer.
- The built in terminal window on Mac OS. Totally not bloated, does what it should in a 'lean but mean' way.
- Super fast, GPU and OpenGL based terminal emulator with tiling support.
- Terminal emulator which mimics the look and feel of the old cathode tube screens, designed for eye-candy with lots of graphic options.
- iTerm is a full featured terminal emulation program written for OS X using Cocoa.
- Super-fast and highly configurable, professional-grade terminal for iOS.
- A GPU-accelerated cross-platform terminal emulator and multiplexer written by @wez and implemented in RustFeaturing: