Buildbox AlternativesGame Development Tools and other similar apps like Buildbox
Godot Engine is a feature-packed, cross-platform game engine to create 2D and 3D games from a unified interface. It provides a comprehensive set of common tools, so that users can focus on making games without having to reinvent the wheel.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Godot Engine is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to Buildbox.
- - Godot Engine is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Buildbox.
Godot Engine Features
- LightweightGodot Engine consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- PortableGodot Engine can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Works OfflineGodot Engine can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Keyframe AnimationCompositions can be keyframed in Godot Engine, allowing you to change the parameters over time.
- MultiplayerGodot Engine offers a game mode for more than one player.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Godot Engine without registration.
- Ad-freeGodot Engine doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Support for scriptingGodot Engine supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
Opinions about Godot Engine as a Alternative to BuildboxSome users think Godot Engine is a great Buildbox alternative, some don't.
Unity is a multi-platform game development tool, designed from the start to ease creation. A fully integrated professional application, Unity offers the free Personal Edition with all features, a Plus subscription at 25$ a month and a Pro subscription at 125$ a month with extra...Suggest and vote on features
Comments about Unity as a Alternative to BuildboxSome users think Unity is a great Buildbox alternative, some don't.Guest
ITS AMAZING -From your mom0
Unreal Engine is a professional suite of tools and technologies used for building high-quality games across a range of platforms. Unreal Engine’s rendering architecture enables developers to achieve stunning visuals and also scale elegantly to lower-end systems.Suggest and vote on features
Unreal Engine Features
- Node BasedUnreal Engine supports node editing, a form of visual programming that gives you full control over the rendering.
- No Coding RequiredUnreal Engine can be used without an coding or programming skills.
- Support for scriptingUnreal Engine supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
Opinions about Unreal Engine as a Alternative to BuildboxThis alternative is disputed. Unreal Engine is still a legitimate Buildbox alternative, but it might have issues that some users think are important.
Roblox allows you to create games, build whatever you want with lego-like bricks, play other games made by users of the community, and even participate in the economy by trading, selling, buying, and collecting items.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Roblox is the most popular Web-based, Android, iPhone, iPad & Android Tablet alternative to Buildbox.
A refreshingly simple data-driven game engine built in Rust. Free and Open Source Forever!Suggest and vote on features
Bevy Game Engine Features
Scirra Construct is a 2D game development engine with a focus on building games visually. No programming is required though the software uses a visual method for event handling that relies on programming concepts like variables, loops and conditions.Suggest and vote on features
Construct 2 FeaturesDiscontinued
Construct 2 was taken off of the market in July 1, 2020, full support will be ceased in July 1, 2021.https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/buy-construct?action=c2retirement
Opinions about Construct 2 as a Alternative to BuildboxMost users think Construct 2 is a great Buildbox alternative.
microStudio is a free game engine online. Create games, learn programming, play, share, prototype and jam!.Suggest and vote on features
Construct 3 is a powerful 2D game development engine which uses Scirra's intuitive event system to allow its users to build all kinds of games and apps.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Construct 3 is the most popular SaaS alternative to Buildbox.
- - Construct 3 is the most popular commercial alternative to Buildbox.
Construct 3 Features
- MultiplayerConstruct 3 offers a game mode for more than one player.
- Cloud SyncSync your data (notes, documents, bookmarks, etc.) across your different devices and to the cloud.
- Live PreviewInstantly see what your files and documents look like as you create them.
- Keyframe AnimationCompositions can be keyframed in Construct 3, allowing you to change the parameters over time.
- No Coding RequiredConstruct 3 can be used without an coding or programming skills.
- Support for LayersConstruct 3 supports the organization of elements through a hierarchical order that can be manipulated/viewed independently.
- Full-Text SearchConstruct 3 lets you search for specific words or phrases from inside a document or database.
- PortableConstruct 3 can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
Open 3D Engine (O3DE) is an Apache 2.0-licensed multi-platform 3D engine that enables developers and content creators to build AAA games, cinema-quality 3D worlds, and high-fidelity simulations without any fees or commercial obligations.Suggest and vote on features
Open 3D Engine Features
A extremely powerful application to make games in python as well as in visual programming.Suggest and vote on features
Cocos Creator is a complete package of game development tools and workflow, including a game engine (based on Cocos2d-x), resource management, scene editing, game preview, debug and publish one project to multiple platforms.Cocos Creator has no features, suggest some!
Wicked Engine is an open-source game engine written in C++. The main focus is to be easy to set up and use, light weight, high performance, and graphically advanced. The full source code is provided with the MIT license, which means, anyone is free to use it for anything without...Suggest and vote on features
Wicked Engine Features