What is Brackets?
With focused visual tools and preprocessor support, Brackets is a modern text editor that makes it easy to design in the browser. It's crafted from the ground up for web designers and front-end developers.
Brackets is a lightweight, yet powerful, modern text editor. We blend visual tools into the editor so you get the right amount of help when you want it without getting in the way of your creative process. You'll enjoy writing code in Brackets.
Inline Editors Instead of jumping between file tabs, Brackets lets you open a window into the code you care about most. Want to work on the CSS that applies to a specific ID? Put your mouse cursor on that ID, push Command / Ctrl+E and Brackets will show you all the CSS selectors with that ID in an inline window so you can work on your code side-by-side without any popups.
Live Preview Get a real-time connection to your browser. Make changes to CSS and HTML and you'll instantly see those changes on screen. Also see where your CSS selector is being applied in the browser by simply putting your cursor on it. It's the power of a code editor with the convenience of in-browser dev tools.
Preprocessor Support Work with preprocessors in a whole new way. We know how important preprocessors are to your workflow. That’s why we want to make Brackets the best code editor for preprocessors out there. With Brackets you can use Quick Edit and Live Highlight with your LESS and SCSS files which will make working with them easier than ever.
Linux support was previously available but has not been available for quite some time. The Brackets team is working on it but till date no Linux builds are available. https://github.com/brackets-cont/brackets/issues/112
Brackets Desktop Screenshots and Videos
- Live PreviewInstantly see what your files and documents look like as you create them.
- AutocompletionBrackets can predict and complete the rest of a word or phrase you're typing.
- Syntax HighlightingBrackets supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Brackets without registration.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsBrackets can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Developed byAdobe
- LicensingOpen Source (MIT) and Free product.
- Written in
- RatingAverage rating of 3.9
- Alternatives94 alternatives listed
- 33,332 Stars
- 7,949 Forks
- 2786 Open Issues
Our users have written 12 comments and reviews about Brackets, and it has gotten 425 likes