BASIC8 is an integrated Fantasy Computer. Create, share and play disks in a modern BASIC dialect. Use built-in tools like sprite, tile and map editor to develop games fast while having fun with retro aesthetics.
- Handy sharing via Steam Workshop with built-in tools
- Disk can be made into standalone player with the Player Maker and HTML Maker
- Disk can be saved as "*.b8" file, "*.png", or text based for sharing
- Programmable in an easy to learn BASIC dialect with both retro and modern syntax
- Easy to use API for graphics, input, audio, and more other facilities
- Visualized built-in tools for editing sprite, tiles, map, quantized, etc.
- Visualized Wave Maker for making sound effect... More Info »
- Display: 160x128 pixels
- Audio: 2 music channels, 4 sound effect channels
- Graphics: up to 65535 drawing commands per cycle
- Palette: 16 colors with transparency support
- Sprite: up to 32x32 pixels per frame, up to 512 frames per sprite
- Tiles: 240 cels
- Map: up to 128x64 tiles per layer, up to 4 layers (including a layer of logic mark) per page