Balabolka is a Text-To-Speech (TTS) program. All computer voices installed on your system are available to Balabolka. The on-screen text can be saved as a WAV, MP3, MP4, OGG or WMA file. The program can read the clipboard content, view the text from DOC, EPUB, FB2, HTML, ODT...
- - Balabolka is the most popular Windows alternative to Any Text to Voice.
- - Balabolka is the most popular free alternative to Any Text to Voice.
Note taking and reading with Speech to Text and Text to Speech.
- - Speech Note is the most popular Linux alternative to Any Text to Voice.
- - Speech Note is the most popular Open Source alternative to Any Text to Voice.
Speech Note Features
We rely on our computers more and more every day, whether we’re creating documents and reports, surfing the Web or catching up on email. But it’s not always easy to complete everything you need to do on your PC. Now there’s a faster and easier way to interact with your PC.
- - Nuance Dragon is the most popular Android, iPhone, iPad & Android Tablet alternative to Any Text to Voice.
- - Nuance Dragon is the most popular commercial alternative to Any Text to Voice.
Nuance Dragon Features
Natural Reader is a professional text to speech program that converts any written text into spoken words. The paid versions of Natural Reader have many more features.
- - NaturalReader is the most popular Web-based & Mac alternative to Any Text to Voice.
RHVoice is a free and open source speech synthesizer.
eSpeak is a compact open source software speech synthesizer for English and other languages, for Linux and Windows.Discontinued
The last version (1.48) is from March 2014.
Mimic is a powerful TTS tool. Mimic is low-latency and has a small resource footprint. Its range of high quality voices also set it apart from other open source text-to-speech projects.
Mycroft Mimic Features
Simple TTS Reader is a small clipboard reader. Simply copy any text, and it will be read aloud. You can choose any installed speech engine, e.g. Microsoft Anna. This text-to-speech utility can also be minimized to tray.
Simple TTS Reader FeaturesDiscontinued
The program is no longer updated. Last version, 1.2, released in October 2010, can be still downloaded from the official website
The eSpeak NG is a compact open source software text-to-speech synthesizer for Linux, Windows, Android and other operating systems. It supports more than 100 languages and accents. It is based on the eSpeak engine created by Jonathan Duddington.
Verbify-TTS is a simple Text-to-Speech (TTS) engine that reads for you any text on your screen with high-quality voices powered by AI models. It is free and you can use it for unlimited time (Open Source MIT LICENSE).
Online text to speech converter that comes without subscription model. Pay for only what you need. With more than 30 languages used to produce natural sounding voices for commercial use.
- - SpeechParrot.app is the most popular SaaS alternative to Any Text to Voice.