Down The RSS Feed
RSS Readers Feed your brain or your humour or your tech talk or your appetite. With a personalized snippet of all your favorite reads, falling down that rabbit hole is almost a guarantee.
FeedDemon is a popular RSS reader for Windows, with an easy-to-use interface that makes it a snap to stay informed with the latest news and information.
Tagging Assign your own keywords to items, making it easy to classify and locate articles you've previously read.
Watches Tell FeedDemon to let you know when your keywords appear in any feed you're subscribed to.
Search Feeds Get alerted when your keywords appear in any feed, regardless of whether you're subscribed to it.
Podcasts Let FeedDemon automatically download audio files and copy them to your iPod or other media device.
Feed Wrangler is an RSS reader designed to make reading your news feeds as easy and quick as possible.
- Create Smart Streams to personalize your news feeds. Perfect for on-the-go check-ins.
- Powerful Search lets you easily bring up any article
- Clean, uncluttered interface lets you focus on the news
- Deep integrations with Instapaper and Pocket for enhanced Read Later interactions
Liferea is a web feed reader/news aggregator that brings together all of the content from your favorite subscriptions into a simple interface that makes it easy to organize and browse feeds. Its GUI is similar to a desktop mail/news client, with an embedded web browser.
Read articles when offline. Force fetch full article text using HTML5 extraction Synchronizes with Reedah TheOldReader TinyTinyRSS Permanently save headlines in news bins. Match items using search folders. Play Podcasts in Liferea
FullTextRSSFeed.com converts abbreviated RSS feeds to a full text version, for free. Just enter the address of a truncated RSS feed, and a full text feed will be generated instantly.
Converted feeds will display a promotion at the bottom of their articles.
Public RSS Reader is a free public service for reading RSS feeds. It supports authentication via Facebook, Google, vKontakte. Support import and export RSS feeds. Integrated in Facebook.
Leaf is an amazing RSS reader for your Mac. Read, share, star and search RSS articles by using a smooth, clean and intuitive interface.
Featured on Lifehacker - "...the app walks the line between being minimal, offering you only the essential features, and making sure the features it does offer are useful..."
Highlighted features: • Enhanced for Retina display • Save to Pocket, Readability, Instapaper • Embedded or floating RSS news reader • Quick and clean article preview with a sharing button (Hint: Move your mouse over the bottom of the preview window to reveal it.) • Hide RSS articles and notifications for subscriptions • Starring RSS articles • RSS, RDF, ATOM support • Alerts/banners for new articles and access to past alerts in Notification Center • Fast search for articles by title, source, content and folder • Swipe to mark RSS articles read/unread • Custom refresh interval + pull-to-refresh • Default RSS Reader capability
- Turn OS X’s Notification Center into an RSS feed reader, while Leaf is silently running in the background.
- Simply manage/organize your subscriptions and add new RSS feeds by search/URL.
Your daily dose of syndicated stories.
Read as you are used to: our interface provides easy to remember shortcuts. If you have been using Google Reader you are set up!
Import all your feeds and starred stories: you don't have to worry about any limitations, you can have as many subscriptions as you need to. Also, we will import all your starred stories.
RSSdose on Android is still in development.
RSSOwl collects data from RSS-compliant sites are called RSS readers or "aggregators.
RSSOwl lets you gather, organize, update, and store information from any compliant source in a convenient, easy to use interface, save selected information in various formats for offline viewing and sharing, and much more.
It's easy to configure, available in many many languages and the best of all: It's platform-independent.
Feed Notifier is an application for Windows and Mac OS X that resides in the system tray or status bar and displays pop-up notifications on your desktop when new items arrive in your subscribed RSS or Atom feeds. By default, the pop-ups look like this (on Windows)…
Feed Notifier is for you if you want a news aggregator that focuses on real-time feed notifications and leaves out all the other stuff that comes with most news readers.
Supports all common RSS and Atom web feed protocols. Clean look and feel, doesn’t get in your way. Configurable polling interval for each feed. Configurable popup duration. Configurable popup size, position and transparency. Configurable popup border size and color. Popups do not steal keyboard or mouse focus from other applications. Popups show item age and author. Navigation controls in popups to view next/previous items. Advanced keyword filtering options. Supports launching from Firefox and other browsers via feed:// protocol. Supports enabling/disabling individual feeds. Deactivates when user is idle to save bandwidth and processing time. Supports authenticated feeds that require a username and password. Supports using a proxy server. Displays favicon for feeds when available. Multi-threaded feed polling.
FeedReader Online is a FREE RSS news aggregation solution that provides robust, state-of-the-art features in an intuitive, user-friendly environment.
With Feedreader Online, you have instant, convenient access to the up-to-the-minute news you need, without information overload.
Feedreader Online automatically downloads updates from your favorite Web sites. So, it eliminates the need for you to constantly monitor multiple Web pages, while allowing you to immediately identify and retrieve new articles - no matter how long you've been away from your desk.
Feedreader Online provides cutting-edge features in an intuitive, user-friendly environment. Even non-technical users can view comprehensive, consolidated information from across the Internet - faster and easier than ever before.
Feedreader Client is also available on Windows and Linux at http://www.feedreader.com/download
• Save time by letting the most interesting news come to you! An on-device AI learns what you like and promotes the good stuff. Your habits stays private since they never leave the device. You can also train it by specifically mark articles as good or bad. • The app can generate a feed directly from most news-like websites, and updates when there are new articles. Perfect for following your sports team, the kids school, or the regular news. It also supports RSS, Atom and JSON-feed. • Choose to read the RSS-content or fetch the full article. • Push the best articles on a daily basis - hand picked by your own AI • A widget for your homescreen with the latest and most interesting articles. Curated by your AI. • Mute topics that you don't want to see at all. • Articles are read inline, so when one article is read you can just continue scrolling to the next. No buttons, nothing to handle or manage, no chores! • New articles always comes in below, you just continue scrolling and never will miss anything - no need to scroll back to the top to refresh. • Quick swipe-gestures for closing, removing, sharing, training the AI or saving for later. • Free to download! Unlock premium features in the app if you want to, or use the free version forever!
The Old Reader is a web based RSS reader, something like Google Reader . Import existing subscriptions, find Facebook friends and more.
Google Reader was a Web-based aggregator, capable of reading Atom and RSS feeds online or offline.
Feed and news filters: new, unread, starred, deleted (for news until restart application) User filters Proxy configuration: automatic or manual Feed import wizard: Search feed URL if site URL was entered Embedded browser (Webkit core) Mark news starred Automatic update feeds: on startup, by timer Automatic cleanup on close using criteria Enable/Disable images in news preview Ability to quickly hide feed tree (for comfortable viewing) Open feed or news in own tab Quick news filter and quick search in browser Sound and/or Popup notification on new news Show new or unread news counter on tray icon Minimize on system tray: on start, on close, on minimize Import/Export feeds (OPML-files) Portable (Windows) Free working set (Windows) Shortcuts Check for updates Cross-platform Multilingual (English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Czech, Dutch, Farsi, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tajik, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese) Open-source ;)
FeedBurner is a web feed management provider launched in 2004. FeedBurner provides custom RSS feeds and management tools to bloggers, podcasters, and other web-based content publishers.
Feeder.co is a simple way to follow your favorite feeds and sites. Feeder supports most RSS and Atom feeds on the web. Browsing your feeds has never been easier.
- Instantaneously see when new posts are added to one of your RSS and Atom feeds
- Easily subscribe to new RSS/Atom feeds by clicking the browser icon
- Intuitively manage your feeds
- Right click context-menus in popup-menu let you mark all as read, reload feeds, and other nifty shortcuts
- Export your feeds so you can import them on another computer and/or keep them as backups for safekeeping
- Customize your feeds by choosing how many posts to display, or changing the title
- Organize your feeds using folders and sorting with drag and drop
- Choose between two different themes: Dark or Light
- Everything is contained within the browser so no other third-party sites are needed
- Notifications when feeds have been updated. Enable globally or on select feeds
- Supports both RSS and Atom feeds
- See when a page has any RSS or Atom feeds to subscribe to
- Sound notifications
- iOS and Android apps
- E-mail notifications (PRO only)
Feeddler is a fast and highly customizable RSS Reader that presents RSS stories in an easy-to-ready interface. Feeddler is a universal app that supports iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads. The free version is ad-supported.
- Syncs with Google Reader
- Syncs with BazQux Reader
- Syncs with FeedHQ
- Syncs with The Old Reader
- Display true unread counts over 1000.
- Supports multiple accounts.
- Supports feed management - add/delete/rename subscriptions and folders.
- Supports unread item filtering.
- Supports sorting by newest first, or oldest first.
- Caches RSS articles for offline reading
- Able to star/unstar, like/unlike, share/unshare, mark unread any RSS story, even when offline (will sync when launching app with internet connection).
- Able to mark all items as read for any RSS subscription.
- Able to mark only loaded items as read.
- Able to show only feeds/folders with unread items.
- Supports article tagging
- Supports notes and comments.
- Supports pinching to change font size of RSS articles. (iPad or iOS4)
- Saves images by tapping images with two fingers. (iPad or iOS4)
- Supports Facebook sharing.
- Supports in-app e-mail sharing.
- Supports text view using Instapaper Mobilizer
- Copy&Paste titles, links, or full articles.
- Uses built-in, full-screen browser for full articles and web pages.
- Able to open full articles in Safari.
- Supports swiping gestures to navigate RSS stories. (iPad or iOS4)
- Supports fast app switch with iOS4 multitasking. (iOS4 only)
- Lots of UI customization options including summary preview and a night mode.
Feeder is a fully free/libre feed reader. It supports all common feed formats, including JSONFeed. It doesn't track you. It doesn't require any setup. It doesn't even need you to create an account! Just setup your feeds, or import them from your old reader via OPML, then get on with syncing and reading.
Parses HTML and displays it in a native TextView
Handy access to enclosure links
News for everything No matter which topic/blog/website you want to read, find it with Palabre, and manage your RSS feeds or Feedly subscriptions easily. Add your Feedly account, find content based on your interests, or add any RSS feed using our search engine. Interested in reading stories from the NYTimes, CNN, People Magazine, BuzzFeed or worldwide stories? Or are your favorite websites about tech, geek stuff or video games? Palabre will be your perfect news reader for every topic or blog you want to follow. Our favorites are from tech news, video games and Android. What’s yours?
Simple RSS Reader is an alternative to Google Reader featuring an identical layout that functions and behaves exactly like the discontinued Google product, including it's much-loved Star capability. The web based RSS reader allows reading, starring, and searching within a clean interface with no ads. Includes an option to import your existing feeds.
Having tried most RSS Readers on the list, I've come to one conclusion. FeedSpot is my personal favorite all in one news source. Maybe it's the simplicity or maybe it's for lack of having to download an app because you can easily use it on any browser. The FeedSpot blog has an abundance of categories with dozens of top Feeds you may have missed and want to add to your personalized newspaper.
Tiny Tiny RSS is an open source web-based news feed (RSS/Atom) reader and aggregator, designed to allow you to read news from any location, while feeling as close to a real desktop application as possible.
- Server-side AJAX-powered application, user only needs a web browser.
- Free software, licensed under GNU GPLv3.
- Self-hosted: control your own data and protect your privacy instead of depending on a cloud service which may be discontinued at any moment.
- feed aggregation / syndication,
- keyboard shortcuts,
- OPML import/export,
- multiple ways to share stuff: via RSS feeds, using plugins to various social sites, sharing by URL, etc,
- sharing arbitrary content through tt-rss,
- Plugins and themes,
- detecting and filtering duplicate articles,
- flexible article filtering,
- JSON-based API,
- and much more…
- Official Android client
Link to trial: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.fox.ttrss Link to full version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.fox.ttrss.key
Take back control of your newsfeed and filter out the noise! With Inoreader, information comes straight to you the minute it’s available. Follow your favorite websites, content creators, newsletters, and social media feeds. Discover and collect articles from across the web, share and collaborate with others. No more algorithms and editorial picks – you decide what’s important to you. Read or listen on the go, mark the essential bits and customize your view for the best experience. Use our advanced features to set up powerful automation and let Inoreader do the work!
Feedly is a better way to organize, read and share the content of your favorite sites. It weaves the content from the RSS feeds of your favorite websites into a fun magazine-like experience and provides seamless integration with social networks.
Better Personalization - Organize your favorite blogs, news sites and YouTube channels and access them all in one place (or sync with Twitter and Facebook).
Better Browsing - Feedly transforms web sites into beautiful cards which load quickly and are easy to read.
Better Sharing - Easily save articles across devices or share them with your friends on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Directly or via Buffer, Pocket or Instapaper.
At home, at work or on the go - You can add feedly to all the devices you love. Your phone, tablet and computer are always in sync.
Feedly compatible news reader apps are for example:
Other apps that work with Feedly: https://feedly.com/apps.html