Apps that Scan and Search for Wi-Fi
Wireless networking can be a daunting subject to the uninitiated. Luckily, the software on this page will help users not just find existing wi-fi networks, but also help them optimize the ones they have administrative control over.
The apps on this page vary from utilities that help find optimal wi-fi connections when travelling (apps such as WeFi) to apps that can help turn your Android device into a wi-fi network analysis guru (apps such as Wifi Analyzer).
- A tool which helps you to select a better Wi-Fi channel for your wireless router.
- NetSpot is a simple and accessible wireless survey tool, which allows collecting, visualizing and analyzing Wi-Fi data.
- Optimize your WiFi network using WiFi Analyzer by examining surrounding WiFi networks, measuring their signal strength as well as identifying crowded channels.
- WiFiman is ideal for analyzing nearby Wi-Fi networks and Bluetooth LE devices, device discovery, and network speed tests.
- With Homedale you can search for Wi-Fi / WLAN Access Points and monitor their signal strength.
- How strong is your WiFi signal? You can use the NETGEAR WiFi Analytics app to get advanced analytics that help you optimize your existing or newly extended WiFi network.
- WiFi Monitor is a powerful tool that allows you to analyze the state of Wi-Fi networks and gather data about its parameters (signal strength, frequency, connection speed, etc). Useful for setting up a router and checking devices connected to WLAN.
- Mozilla Stumbler is an open-source wireless network scanner that collects GPS data for the Mozilla Location Service, our crowd-sourced location database.
- BETA WiFi Buddy is an easy yet functional Wi-Fi network scanner tool.
- My wireless network is slow and I believe someone is connected to my Wi-Fi and using the internet without my knowledge.
- Strategic Wireless LAN Design Design your Wi-Fi network to be BYOD-ready by measuring the "true" end-user experience using your Android-based smart device.
- FRITZ!App WLAN makes it quick and easy to connect your Android or iOS device to wireless routers such as the FRITZ!Box.
- WiFi analyzer providing details like frequency, channel, modem manufacturer and more.
- The world's largest Wi-Fi database, finding you free Wifi all over the world based on over 500 million hotspots.