Games that oftentimes require a thorough analysis of a particular situation, action, or reaction, the strategy genre ensures that its fans can be completely locked in a state of thinking about the ramifications of their actions, planning ahead and adjusting those plans as their battles unfold.
- Turn-based 4X (explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate) strategy game series where players build a thriving civilization through ages of advancements.
- The Battle for Wesnoth is a turn-based tactical strategy game with a high fantasy theme.
- Command the exiled Terrans, the relentless Zerg, and the abiding Protoss, in the world's most longstanding RTS. (Released in 1997.).
- Set a generation before the events of the original Warcraft began, Warcraft II is a real-time strategy game by Blizzard Entertainment.
- Freeciv is an open-source, turn-based strategy game based on Civilization II.
- Widelands is a free, open source real-time strategy game with singleplayer campaigns and a multiplayer mode.
- Game engine recreation of RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 adding new features.
- The full game includes 47 levels (plus "infinite" bonus content) across 8 distinct level types: Ambient, Solar, Antimatter, Impasse, Repulsor, Sentient, Warped Chaos, and Epicycles.
- Stronghold Crusader is a RTS game from the series from Stronghold.
- CaesarIA is an open source remake of Caesar III game released by Impressions Games in 1998, it aims to expand the possibilities of the classical city-building simulators and to...
- Do you want epic battles? Do you want breathtakingly gigantic scenes of glorious destruction and heart-pounding action?
- Learn programming with a multiplayer live coding strategy game. You're a wizard, and your spells is a programm-language. .
- Evolution RTS is a free an Open Source RTS game designed using the Spring Engine. It is continually developed and receives updates often.
- Pick up your cards and throw down the gauntlet! In Hearthstone, you play the hero in a fast-paced, whimsical card game of cunning strategy.