Setting oftentimes gives any piece of media, be it books, movies, shows, or games, its boundaries. When setting a game in space, those boundaries must be masked in other ways so that the player still feels the freedom and choice that space provides. It hasn’t been until recently that games have been able to convey this, with titles such as EVE Online and (after heavy updates) No Man’s Sky delivering on a sense of presence and exploration in space.
- Free-to-play MMO that offers PvP and PvE combat alongside an intricate economic/political landscape.
- No Man's Sky is an action-adventure survival video game developed and published by the indie studio Hello Games.
- Elite: Dangerous is a space adventure, trading, and combat simulator that is the fourth release in the Elite video game series.
- Explore a vast galaxy full of wonder in Stellaris, the evolution of the 4X strategy genre with space exploration at its core.
- X is a science fiction space trading and combat simulator series created by German developer Egosoft.
- FreeOrion is a turn-based space empire and galactic conquest (4X) computer game being designed and built by the FreeOrion project.
- Star Citizen is an upcoming space sim video game for Microsoft Windows and Linux.
- Join Fast of Clan, the game that challenges gamers to test their reaction times. Choose your favorite spaceship and discover an exotic world full of deadly obstacles.
- Star Conflict is an action-packed, massively multiplayer space simulation game that puts players in the role of elite pilots engaging in a widespread interplanetary skirmish. The whole world for PVP and PVE!.
- Immerse into a decisive battle against tons of cunning foes, face the terrifying bosses and protect your homeland throughout 15 diverse levels of the game.
- It is the year 2077, for the first time in its history mankind has finally began the colonization of another planet.
- SpaceHunt is a chat-based multiplayer adventure similar to Ogame and StarCraft: build a base and go on missions to explore the universe and attack other planets to gather resources and dominate the Universe.
- Everspace is a single-player 3D space shooter with roguelike elements and non-linear storytelling created by ROCKFISH Games.
- Engage in space exploration and terraform new worlds in this fun and exciting planet building simulator rooted in real science.
- Conquer the galaxy through diplomacy, trade or might in this multiplayer 4X strategy game.