The human mind develops throughout an entire lifetime. Reinforcing this development using the power of technology to, for example, learn a second language, is something that the software on this page enables more than ever before.
Video games as a medium can do more than entertain. In the software on this page, they can impart knowledge such as how to read a language, how to type faster, or even how to code. Some concepts can be very difficult for people to learn through conventional teaching methods, and video games could very well be the answer in these situations.
- Algodoo gives you the opportunity to play with physics. Use your own hands and simple drawing tools to design, construct and explore the world of physics.
- TIPP10 is a free touch typing tutor for Windows, Mac OS and Linux. The software is easy to use and features a clear user interface.
- LinguaLeo - online service for the study and practice of the English language, both for adults and for children.
- Robocode is a programming game where the goal is to code a robot battle tank to compete against other robots in a battle arena.
- Ninchanese.com is a complete method to learn Chinese, built for beginners and advanced Chinese learners alike.
- Online flashcards are a great way to study! Cram is your number one online educational resource.
- Create your own mobile apps & 3D multiplayer games with our super-easy design tools for iOS, Android, Windows Phone and HTML5! Less programming, more playing.
- Get your brain in tip-top shape with over 30 fun games developed by neuroscience experts that challenge your cognitive skills.
- Fast and fun way to learn, play and master the Piano, Guitar, Bass, Ukulele, or Singing / Vocals.
- A website for learning new words in many languages using images.
- Flexbox is incredibly powerful. But it's also crazy hard to master. So we all end up depending on a cheat sheet and some mad guessing in the dev tools. Enough of that!
- Elevate is a brain training app designed to improve focus, speaking skills, processing speed, and more.
- Alice is an innovative 3D programming environment that makes it easy to create an animation for telling a story, playing an interactive game, or a video to share on the web.
- You start in the lab where you experiment with the neurons and nodes that make up a brain.
- GCompris is a high quality educational software suite, including a large number of activities for children aged 2 to 10.