Wordnik AlternativesDictionaries and other similar apps like Wordnik
GoldenDict is an open-source dictionary program for PC computers that gives translations of words and phrases for different languages. It allows use of several popular dictionary file formats simultaneously.
Suggest and vote on features
- - GoldenDict is the most popular Windows, Android, Mac & Linux alternative to Wordnik.
- - GoldenDict is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Wordnik.
Wiktionary is a multilingual, web-based project to create a free content dictionary, available in 158 languages. Unlike standard dictionaries, it is written collaboratively by volunteers, dubbed "Wiktionarians", using wiki software, allowing articles to be changed by...
Suggest and vote on features
- - Wiktionary is the most popular Web-based alternative to Wordnik.
WordReference is a free online Oxford dictionaries for Spanish, French, Italian, German and more.
- - WordReference is the most popular iPhone, iPad & Android Tablet alternative to Wordnik.
Linguee is a new kind of dictionary app for French-English, Spanish-English and other language pairs. You will find reliable translations in the shortest time, even when you're offline.Suggest and vote on features
Free online dictionary, thesaurus, spanish-english and medical dictionaries, audio pronunciations, Word of the Day, word games, and many more high-quality Merriam-Webster language resources.
The free Dictionary.com app delivers content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, including nearly a million words and definitions and 90,000 synonyms and antonyms. No internet required!
Google's dictionary extension on Google Chrome. With it, you can double-click any word to view its definition in a small pop-up bubble, or search the complete definition of any word or phrase using the address bar dictionary.Suggest and vote on features
Google Dictionary Features
Power Thesaurus is a fast, comprehensive and easy-to-follow online thesaurus for writers, journalists, students and teachersSuggest and vote on features
Power Thesaurus Features
- CrowdsourcedPower Thesaurus uses suggestions, information, etc., from a large group of people to improve the quality of the content.
- Dark ModePower Thesaurus supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Real time collaborationMultiple users can work together in Power Thesaurus simultaneously.
Your Mac also comes with a versatile Dictionary application. It also includes to other reference libraries such as thesaurus, Apple glossary, and Wikipedia. With it, you can find definitions, learn of the word's origin, find synonyms and antonyms, or get encyclopedic...Suggest and vote on features
Apple Dictionary Features
Online Dictionary - Multiple dictionaries including: English dictionary, medical dictionary, legal dictionary, financial dictionary, computer dictionary, thesaurus, dictionary of acronyms and abbreviations, dictionary of idioms, thesaurus, Columbia encyclopedia, Wikipedia...Suggest and vote on features
The Free Dictionary Features
The Next Generation GoldenDict.Suggest and vote on features
- Ad-freeGoldenDict-NG doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Full-Text SearchGoldenDict-NG lets you search for specific words or phrases from inside a document or database.
- Support for ThemesYou can use themes and templates to change the look and feel of GoldenDict-NG.
- Works OfflineGoldenDict-NG can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Dark ModeGoldenDict-NG supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Text to SpeechGoldenDict-NG allows you to transform written text into spoken text.
- PortableGoldenDict-NG can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
Glosbe is a platform providing free dictionaries with in-context translations (translated sentences - the so-called translation memory). You will find here:Suggest and vote on features