The most popular alternative is GoldenDict, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 44 alternatives to Wordnik so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Wordnik alternatives are Wiktionary (Free, Open Source), Linguee (Free), Dictionary.com (Free) and WordReference (Freemium).
- Translation of selected text, introduced by a phrase or a fully web-site between any languages.
- Power Thesaurus is a fast, comprehensive and easy-to-follow online thesaurus for writers, journalists, students and teachers.
- Thesaurus.com is the world’s largest and most trusted free online thesaurus brought to you by Dictionary.com. For over 20 years, Thesaurus.
- ImTranslator provides the access to online translation powered by Babylon, Google, Microsoft and other translation engines for over 66 languages.
- Huge collaborative massively multilingual dictionary.
- SpanishDict is a Spanish-learning website that offers a Spanish to English dictionary, a Spanish-English translator, video lessons, flashcards, and more.
- Client/server software, human language dictionary databases, and tools supporting the DICT protocol (RFC 2229).
- Treegle Dictionary is a new kind of dictionary that arranges definitions in a tree format. With this format, you can see how each component of a definition contributes to the meaning of a word.
- Your Mac also comes with a versatile Dictionary application. It also includes to other reference libraries such as thesaurus, Apple glossary, and Wikipedia.
- PONS provides over 12 million headwords and phrases in 13 different languages and in more than 34 different language combinations.