WinMerge Alternatives for Linux
Meld is a visual diff and merge tool. You can compare two or three files and edit them in place (diffs update dynamically). You can compare two or three folders and launch file comparisons. You can browse and view a working copy from popular version control systems such such as...
Suggest and vote on features
- - Meld is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to WinMerge.
- - Meld is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to WinMerge.
- Syntax HighlightingMeld supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
- Ad-freeMeld doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Works OfflineMeld can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Meld without registration.
- LightweightMeld consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
Comments about Meld as a Alternative to WinMergeMost users think Meld is a great WinMerge alternative.
Its a very nice looking app and it is compatible with a lot of OS's and is FOSS.0Guest
compares three files. it can not only compare three directories but also merge them!2Guest
Very good alternative to WinMerge on linux0Guest
Thats closest alternative on linux, is free and GUI is similar.0
Beyond Compare allows you to compare files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you're interested in and ignore those you're not. You can then merge the changes, synchronize your files, and generate reports for your records.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Beyond Compare is the most popular commercial alternative to WinMerge.
Beyond Compare Features
- Selective SynchronizationBeyond Compare allows you to pick which files are synced between the server and your devices.
- LightweightBeyond Compare consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Windows Explorer ExtensionBeyond Compare can extend Windows Explorer in various ways, for example add context menu options, etc..
- Full-Text SearchBeyond Compare lets you search for specific words or phrases from inside a document or database.
- Built-in viewerBeyond Compare shows you a quick preview of an image, page or file in supported formats.
- Command line interfaceBeyond Compare either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- Syntax HighlightingBeyond Compare supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
- PortableBeyond Compare can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Works OfflineBeyond Compare can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
Comments about Beyond Compare as a Alternative to WinMergeMost users think Beyond Compare is a great WinMerge alternative.Guest
Payed. WinMerge is free as in free beer.1Guest
Everything included for comparison between folders and across files including line by line cross check0
Very slick; intuitive. I far prefer the side-by side layout to the Winmerge layout, and given the amount I use it am happy to pay.0Guest
Most awesome diff/merge tool I've ever used. Only downside is that it's a commercial product and too expensive for casual use.-3
KDiff3 is a file and directory diff and merge tool.
Comments about KDiff3 as a Alternative to WinMergeMost users think KDiff3 is a great WinMerge alternative.Guest
solid cross platform utility0Guest
Lightweight, good 3 ways merge with 4 sub-windows. Really really visualization. I love it, it works from Linux, Windows to Mac.0Guest
does not diff files (checksum)0
SemanticDiff is a programming language aware diff for Visual Studio Code and GitHub. It helps software developers understand code changes faster by hiding irrelevant changes, detecting moved code, and highlighting refactorings.
Suggest and vote on features
- - SemanticDiff is the most popular Web-based alternative to WinMerge.
- Git SupportSemanticDiff supports Git, a free and open source distributed version control system.
- LightweightSemanticDiff consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Dark ModeSemanticDiff supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Syntax HighlightingSemanticDiff supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
- Ad-freeSemanticDiff doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- PortableSemanticDiff can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
P4Merge uses color coding to allow users to visualize the differences between file or images. It allows three-way merging among files, and shows side-by-side file/image comparison.Suggest and vote on features
- Syntax HighlightingP4Merge supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
- Works OfflineP4Merge can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in P4Merge without registration.
- Command line interfaceP4Merge either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
Comments about P4Merge as a Alternative to WinMergepros, cons and recent comments
Very good tool IMHO: I have been using it for years, both as a visual diff and it integrates well as a 3 way merge tool for version control systems not just perforce, e.g. git , svn, bzr. Which is its primary purpose. AFAIK its QT based, only ugly if you think QT is. Default UI uses RedHat default laf, and Crystal icons from Everaldo0Guest
Can not compare directories. Ugly as hell.0
Diffchecker Pro enables you to compare various types of content, on your desktop or directly in the browser.Suggest and vote on features
Difftastic is a diff tool that compares files based on their syntax. It supports over 20 programming languages and when it works, it's fantastic.Suggest and vote on features
DiffMerge is a graphical file comparison program for Windows, Mac OS X and Unix, published by SourceGear.Suggest and vote on features
The program is no longer updated. Last version, 4.2.0, released in October 2013, can be still downloaded from the official website