WinDiff Alternatives for Windows
WinMerge is an open source differencing and merging tool for Windows. WinMerge can compare both folders and files, presenting differences in a visual text format that is easy to understand and handle.
Suggest and vote on features
- - WinMerge is the most popular Windows alternative to WinDiff.
- - WinMerge is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to WinDiff.
Opinions about WinMerge as a Alternative to WinDiffMost users think WinMerge is a great WinDiff alternative.
Beyond Compare allows you to compare files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you're interested in and ignore those you're not. You can then merge the changes, synchronize your files, and generate reports for your records.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Beyond Compare is the most popular Mac & Linux alternative to WinDiff.
- - Beyond Compare is the most popular commercial alternative to WinDiff.
Beyond Compare Features
- Selective SynchronizationBeyond Compare allows you to pick which files are synced between the server and your devices.
- LightweightBeyond Compare consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Windows Explorer ExtensionBeyond Compare can extend Windows Explorer in various ways, for example add context menu options, etc..
- Full-Text SearchBeyond Compare lets you search for specific words or phrases from inside a document or database.
- Built-in viewerBeyond Compare shows you a quick preview of an image, page or file in supported formats.
- Command line interfaceBeyond Compare either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- Syntax HighlightingBeyond Compare supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
- PortableBeyond Compare can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Works OfflineBeyond Compare can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
Comments about Beyond Compare as a Alternative to WinDiffpros, cons and recent commentsGuest
Intuitive interface many options for looking at the data such that it makes sense to the end user, easy to determine the next step for the user based on their initial objective. I love the drag and drop from either side to the other and the way it displays the status of the job in real time.0
Comparison plugin for Notepad++ editor.Suggest and vote on features
Last commit in 2017.
SemanticDiff is a programming language aware diff for Visual Studio Code and GitHub. It helps software developers understand code changes faster by hiding irrelevant changes, detecting moved code, and highlighting refactorings.
Suggest and vote on features
- - SemanticDiff is the most popular Web-based alternative to WinDiff.
- Git SupportSemanticDiff supports Git, a free and open source distributed version control system.
- LightweightSemanticDiff consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Dark ModeSemanticDiff supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Syntax HighlightingSemanticDiff supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
- Ad-freeSemanticDiff doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- PortableSemanticDiff can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
Diffchecker Pro enables you to compare various types of content, on your desktop or directly in the browser.Suggest and vote on features
WinMerge 2011 series is a fork of the original WinMerge application that compiles without ATL/MFC dependencies to enable zero-budget developers to build WinMerge from sources using Visual C++ Express editions.Suggest and vote on features
WinMerge 2011 Features
WinMerge JP is a fork of the original WinMerge, but after 2018 the two are nearly identical. WinMerge JP's features including 3-way compare has been merged into the original.Suggest and vote on features
WinMerge JP Features
AptDiff is a visual text / binary files comparison and merging utility for Windows. It is highly useful for web designers, software developers, and other professionals.Suggest and vote on features
- Syntax HighlightingAptDiff supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
- Windows Explorer ExtensionAptDiff can extend Windows Explorer in various ways, for example add context menu options, etc..
- PortableAptDiff can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
The official website is no longer accessible, but has been archived by Archive.org: https://web.archive.org/web/20150826022017/http://www.code-tools.com/comparetwo.htm
Easily compare and merge text files; compare doc, xls and pdf files; prepare comparison reports and printouts.Suggest and vote on features
Compare It! Features
- Syntax HighlightingCompare It! supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
The program is no longer updated, but last version, 4.2, released in November 2010, can be still bought from the official website and it's reportedly still working.
"TableTextCompare" (TTC) is a small utility that provides easy comparison of two-tab-delimited or comma-delimited (csv) files, to determine the difference between the two files.
TableTextCompare has no features, suggest some!
- - TableTextCompare is the most popular Self-Hosted alternative to WinDiff.
DiffPlug is a free text editor/differ and image viewer/differ. Purchasing a license allows you to diff other kinds of files such as Simulink.Suggest and vote on features
Compare Files Using ' Diff Doc' a visual file compare and folder compare utility that creates a detailed file diff. File comparison can optionally be done with the command line. Compare Word and Compare XLS files in addition to PDF, txt, rtf, htmDiff Doc has no features, suggest some!