Unfolder is described as '3D model unfolding tool to help you create papercraft easily and quickly' and is an app in the Photos & Graphics category. There are six alternatives to Unfolder for a variety of platforms, including Windows, iPhone, iPad, Mac and Autodesk Maya. The most liked alternative is Pepakura Designer. It's not free, so if you're looking for a free alternative, you could try 123D Make or DXF2papercraft. Other great apps like Unfolder are Foldify (Paid), Dunreeb Cutout (Freemium) and Ultimate Papercraft 3D (Paid).
- 6 alternatives
- Pepakura Designer allows you to easily create papercraft models from 3D data you create from your favorite 3D software.
- 123D Make lets you turn 3D models into 2D build plans with animated assembly instructions.
it has been discontinued
- DXF2papercraft converts a polygonal 3D model stored as DXF file into a plain drawing in the form of a 2D DXF file. This requires to 'unfold' the model.
The program seems to be no longer updated. Last version, 0.2, released in February 2012, can be still downloaded from SourceForge.
- Free • Open Source
- Draw, create, print and fold beautiful 3D figures with Foldify. You don't need drawing skills, Foldify has tons of free content to create amazing, high quality figures!
- Cutout is a plugin for Autodesk Maya for the purpose of building real paper models out of paper from your virtual 3D models.
- Autodesk Maya
- Ultimate Papercraft 3D is a specialty Windows tool for creating papercraft from 3D models.