Total Commander Alternatives for Windows
Double Commander is a cross-platform open source file manager with two panels side by side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new ideas.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Double Commander is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to Total Commander.
- - Double Commander is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Total Commander.
Double Commander Features
- Batch Rename FilesDouble Commander supports renaming of different types of files or data in large batches.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsDouble Commander can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- PortableDouble Commander can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Ad-freeDouble Commander doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Works OfflineDouble Commander can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Dark ModeDouble Commander supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- LightweightDouble Commander consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Double Commander without registration.
- Built-in viewerDouble Commander shows you a quick preview of an image, page or file in supported formats.
Comments about Double Commander as a Alternative to Total CommanderAlmost everyone thinks Double Commander is a great Total Commander alternative.all • positive • negative relevance • date
It looks very similar and can do almost everything that Total Commander can - but it's cross-platform!14
Crossplatform completely free multifunctional tool! Best of file managers with two file windows side by side.4
Now this is something worth to use.While I was using TC, it couldn't deal with deleting files with bugged long file names above 256 characters, but that tool did the job without any problems. I recommend!0
Eh, it gets the job done, but it's nowhere near as polished as TC itself. Uses PC keyboard shortcuts on MacOS, which feel very out of place.0Guest
I like double commander, because is linux analogue of total commander, I've been searching it for years, now I'm happy!1Show more comments ▾5 of 16 comments
FreeCommander is an easy-to-use alternative to the standard windows file manager. The program helps you with daily work in Windows. Here you can find all the necessary functions to manage your data stock.Suggest and vote on features
Comments about FreeCommander as a Alternative to Total CommanderMost users think FreeCommander is a great Total Commander alternative.Guest
Absolutely, save and powerfunktions0Guest
Flexibility, use of plugins0Guest
As good as TotalCommander feature wise, but totally free.-3Guest
Very user friendly with lots of interface settings. Flexible where TC is definitely Not. Most useful feature: file comparisons in context of directories. Gotta try it.-4
The most modern dual-pane file manager. For Windows, Mac and Linux.Suggest and vote on features
Comments about fman as a Alternative to Total CommanderAlmost everyone thinks fman is a great Total Commander alternative.Guest
fman besides nagging for money does nothing, it is in really early alpha stage.11Guest
It's like TC but more modern and cross-platform.8
GNU Midnight Commander is a visual file manager, licensed under GNU General Public License and therefore qualifies as Free Software. Its a feature rich full-screen text mode application that allows you to copy, move and delete files and whole directory trees, search for files...Suggest and vote on features
Midnight Commander Features
Opinions about Midnight Commander as a Alternative to Total CommanderMost users think Midnight Commander is a great Total Commander alternative.
Organize files across many devices in one place. From cloud services to offline hard drives, Spacedrive combines the storage capacity and processing power of your devices into one personal distributed cloud, that is both secure and intuitive to use.Suggest and vote on features
- Dark ModeSpacedrive supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Ad-freeSpacedrive doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- LightweightSpacedrive consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Spacedrive without registration.
- File TaggingSpacedrive can organize and highlight your files with tags and labels.
- Git SupportSpacedrive supports Git, a free and open source distributed version control system.
- Works OfflineSpacedrive can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
Multi Commander is a multi-tabbed file manager and is an alternative to the standard Windows Explorer. It uses the very popular and efficient dual-panel layout.Suggest and vote on features
Multi Commander Features
- Dark ModeMulti Commander supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Support for scriptingMulti Commander supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
- Ad-freeMulti Commander doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- LightweightMulti Commander consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsMulti Commander can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- PortableMulti Commander can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
Comments about Multi Commander as a Alternative to Total CommanderAlmost everyone thinks Multi Commander is a great Total Commander alternative.Guest
In some ways it's even better.1Guest
Same idea but lots of bugs.1
Far Manager is a program for managing files and archives in Windows operating systems. Far Manager works in text mode and provides a simple and intuitive interface for performing most of the necessary actions:Suggest and vote on features
Far Manager Features
Comments about Far Manager as a Alternative to Total CommanderAlmost everyone thinks Far Manager is a great Total Commander alternative.Guest
Text mode, but rich of features, with command line and rich of plugins.0