The most popular alternative is nginx, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 21 alternatives to Thin so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Thin alternatives are Apache HTTP Server (Free, Open Source), lighttpd (Free, Open Source), LiteSpeed Web Server (LSWS) (Freemium) and mongrel (Free, Open Source).
- nginx [engine x] is a HTTP and reverse proxy server, as well as a mail proxy server written by Igor Sysoev.
- Apache, is a web server notable for playing a key role in the initial growth of the World Wide Web and in 2009 became the first web server to surpass the 100 million web site...
- lighttpd (pronounced "lighty") is a web server designed to be secure, fast, standards-compliant, and flexible while being optimized for speed-critical environments.
- LiteSpeed Web Server (LSWS) is a high-performance Apache drop-in replacement. LSWS is the 4th most popular web server on the internet and the #1 commercial web server.
- A small fast HTTP library and server that runs Rails, Camping, Nitro and Iowa apps.
- Weborf is a lightweight webserver designed to rapidly share directories. Runs on POSIX systems.
- Cherokee is a flexible, very fast, lightweight Web server. It is implemented entirely in C, and has no dependencies beyond a standard C library.
- Tornado is an open source version of the scalable, non-blocking web server.
- Need to share some files with your colleagues or setup basic html website on your machine? It's very simple with Simple HTTP Server.
- python -m SimpleHTTPServer
python3 -m http.server 8000
Documentation for python3 version: https://docs.python.org/3/library/http.server.html