the xonsh shell Alternatives
The most popular alternative is GNU Bourne Again SHell, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 17 alternatives to the xonsh shell so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting the xonsh shell alternatives are fish (Free, Open Source), Zsh (Free, Open Source), IPython (Free, Open Source) and dash (Free, Open Source).
- Bash is the shell, or command language interpreter, that will appear in the GNU operating system.
- Fish is a user friendly command line shell for UNIX-like operating systems such as Linux.
- Zsh is a shell (e.g. bash replacement) designed for interactive use, although it is also a powerful scripting language. .
- IPython is an interactive shell for the Python programming language that offers enhanced introspection, additional shell syntax, syntax highlighting, tab completion and rich...
- DASH is a POSIX-compliant implementation of /bin/sh that aims to be as small as possible. It does this without sacrificing speed where possible.
- This project has reached a minimum-viable product level of quality. While contributors dogfood it as their daily driver, it may be unstable for some commands.
- win-bash is a Windows port of the famous GNU bash (see GNU Bash homepage).
- The KornShell language was designed and developed by David G. Korn at AT&T Bell Laboratories.
- This is a reimplementation for Unix, by Byron Rakitzis, of the Plan 9 shell. rc offers much the same capabilities as a traditional Bourne shell, but with a much cleaner syntax.
- fshell is the Symbian equivalent of bash + telnet + a posix-like set of command-line tools.