GNU Bourne Again SHell Alternatives
The most popular alternative is fish, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 21 alternatives to GNU Bourne Again SHell so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting GNU Bourne Again SHell alternatives are Zsh (Free, Open Source), IPython (Free, Open Source), dash (Free, Open Source) and KornShell (Free, Open Source).
- Fish is a user friendly command line shell for UNIX-like operating systems such as Linux.
- Zsh is a shell (e.g. bash replacement) designed for interactive use, although it is also a powerful scripting language. .
- IPython is an interactive shell for the Python programming language that offers enhanced introspection, additional shell syntax, syntax highlighting, tab completion and rich...
- DASH is a POSIX-compliant implementation of /bin/sh that aims to be as small as possible. It does this without sacrificing speed where possible.
- The KornShell language was designed and developed by David G. Korn at AT&T Bell Laboratories.
- This project has reached a minimum-viable product level of quality. While contributors dogfood it as their daily driver, it may be unstable for some commands.
- Xiki makes the command line friendlier and more powerful. Xiki Shell (xsh) lets you use Xiki from command line, in a way that augments your current favorite shell (bash or zsh).
- win-bash is a Windows port of the famous GNU bash (see GNU Bash homepage).
- Xonsh is a Python-powered, cross-platform, Unix-gazing shell language and command prompt.
- Levinux – A Tiny Version of Linux for Education