The most popular alternative is Amphetamine, which is free. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 10 alternatives to Taurine so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Taurine alternatives are Caffeine for Mac (Free), KeepingYouAwake (Free, Open Source), Lungo (Paid) and Coffee Buzz (Free).
- Amphetamine is a little app that lives in your menu bar which can effortlessly override your energy saver settings and keep your Mac awake.
- Caffeine is a tiny program that puts an icon in the right side of your menu bar.
- A Caffeine clone for macOS Yosemite, El Capitan and Sierra (including Dark Mode).
- Lungo prevents your Mac from falling asleep and your screen from dimming.This can be useful when:- Doing a presentation at work
- Coffee Buzz is the easiest and safest display-sleep preventer available, with simple operation and exclusive Safety Auto-Shutoff feature. Keeping your Mac awake (and letting it sleep again) is as simple as a click!.
- It always has been a missing feature: disabling the sleep mode on a Apple Laptop. Who does not want to use it as a big juke-box or go warwalking.
- A tiny menu bar application, that prevents your Mac from sleeping for a set amount of time.
- Open-source status bar app to keep your Mac from sleeping.
- Prevent your Mac from falling asleep, dimming your screen or starting the screensaver.
- Espresso is a Caffeine alternative with support for retina displays and the black or white menu bar introduced in OS X Yosemite.