Prevents your Mac from going to sleep.
What is KeepingYouAwake?
KeepingYouAwake is a small menu bar utility for macOS (Version 10.13 and newer) that can prevent your Mac from entering sleep mode for a predefined duration or as long as it is activated.
- prevents your Mac from going to sleep with one click
- pre-defined activation durations
- can disable itself when the battery level is low
- supports Retina displays and Dark Mode
- supports macOS Big Sur and all versions since macOS Sierra
- translated into various languages by the community
- 4,961 Stars
- 210 Forks
- 21 Open Issues
Comments and Reviews
Said about KeepingYouAwake as an alternative
Im new to it all and it was recommended to me.
Has all the features of Caffeine but includes auto-update and is open-source!
It's simple and Open Source, it also works fine.
- Prevent Sleep Mode
CategoryOS & Utilities
Recent user activities on KeepingYouAwake
- POX added KeepingYouAwake as alternative(s) to Clapet
- Dalieba added KeepingYouAwake as alternative(s) to Caffeine by IntelliScape Solutions
- Dalieba added KeepingYouAwake as alternative(s) to Stay Awake!
I like KYA because it's FOSS, does exactly what it is intended to do (no more, no less), and the interface is intuitive and easy to use.
Amphetamine: free (open-source?). Feature-rich, making it the best of all.
Caffeinated: $4. Both are fancy version of KYA.
Lungo: $3. The worst of all, but has animated icon.