- Automate identification of index fragmentation "hot spots"
- Schedule index defragmentation jobs
- Avoid database contention with system resource pre-checks
- Reduce page splits with index fill factor settings control
- Centrally manage, report and notify instantly
Identify Index Fragmentation
- As index fragmentation increases over time, performance degrades, response times slow, and I/O suffers. SQL defrag manager performs an automated analysis of key metrics related to fragmentation to quickly pinpoint those areas where fragmentation is severely hindering performance, then triggers corrective measures. More Info »
- Manage the defragmentation process through scheduling of jobs at the most optimal time and based on the size of the index. Automate remediation and run the defragmentation utility immediately or during off-peak hours.
- Check the utilization of key system indicators prior to executing the defragmentation. This ensures that the policy is able to run as scheduled and avoid any potential system problems or application bottlenecks.
Manage Fill Factor
- Most solutions don’t pay attention to the fill factor of tables, this can be a big drawback. With SQL defrag manager, users can manage index fill-factor settings and reduce splitting and shifting of pages as well as defrag job frequency.
- The global dashboard displays all the SQL servers in your environment from one console, each database is color coded to reflect how much impact fragmentation is having on it, its databases, tables and indexes. You can easily sort to bring the items most in need of your attention to the forefront and take corrective action.