dbForge Index Manager for SQL Server
SSMS add-in for analyzing the status of SQL indexes and fixing issues with index fragmentation. The tool allows you to quickly collect index fragmentation statistics and...
- Paid • Proprietary
- SQL Server Management Studio
What is dbForge Index Manager for SQL Server?
dbForge Index Manager for SQL Server is an SSMS add-in for analyzing the status of SQL indexes and fixing issues with index fragmentation. The tool allows you to quickly collect index fragmentation statistics and detect databases that require maintenance. You can instantly rebuild and reorganize SQL indexes in visual mode or generate SQL script for the future use. dbForge Index Manager for SQL Server will significantly boost SQL Server performance without much effort. By downloading the SQL Tools (dbForge Index Manager for SQL Server included), you get 15 full-featured tools that greatly extend standard SSMS functionality and bring your productivity to the next level. Key features:
- Multiple Databases Scan. The tool allows to get an overall picture of a database as well as its specific objects for better fine-tuning. Flexible choice of connections and databases allows to easily switch between analized objects. Among other advantages are a combo box with user connections and auto-refresh upon switching between databases.
- Maintenance Recommendations. After scanning, Index Manager will prompt what actions must be taken against indexes - Rebuild or Reorganize. Sorting and searching simplifies the selection of necessary indexes. The tool also shows:
- Index size
- Fragmentation percentage
- Reason for fragmentation
- Maintenance priority
- Export of Scan Results. The scan results can be saved to output file in the CSV format for further index fragmentation analysis or for the sake of reporting. You can generate reports on the state of indexes in your database using the CSV export.
- Customizable Index Fragmentation Thresholds. Set up available actions in the way which is best for you. The tool allows to set up index scan results with the following options:
- Reorganize threshold level
- Rebuild threshold level
- Minimum index size
dbForge Index Manager for SQL Server Screenshots
dbForge Index Manager for SQL Server Features
dbForge Index Manager for SQL Server information
Comments and Reviews
- Microsoft SQL Server
CategoriesOffice & Productivity • Development
Recent user activities on dbForge Index Manager for SQL Server
- xekojeg983 liked dbForge Index Manager for SQL Serverxe
- dadom54550 liked dbForge Index Manager for SQL Serverda
- xokiti1850 liked dbForge Index Manager for SQL Serverxo
This tool greatly simplifies database administration. You don't have to believe me that it's good - just get your free trial and see.
Superb SSMS plugin for database maintenance. Perfect for work with multiple databases.
Very helpful. I can easily collect fragmentation stats and see what databases require maintenance at the moment. Nice UI, too.
Fine tool with a few useful features such as scanning many databases at once and rebuilding indexes visually according to their thresholds.
The best way to fix index fragmentation in your SSMS environment.
Index Manager proved to be an essential addition to my DBA toolkit. Highly recommended.