The most popular alternative is Treeit, which is free. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 10 alternatives to SpeedTree so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting SpeedTree alternatives are The Grove 3D (Paid), Tree Studio (Paid), Plant Factory (Paid) and Arbaro (Free, Open Source).
- Can create awesome 3d tree models and export to obj file format. Good thing is the software is free of any charge.
- Grow natural 3D trees for visualisation and film. Grow, bend, prune, interactively simulate the seasons year by year. Build highly detailed 3D models.
- Tree Studio is a product born from TwistedBrush Pro Studio but with a focus on 2D tree creation with a simpler, streamlined interface. Tree Studio has pairs of brushes for each tree type - one for the frame and one for the leaves.
- Professional 3D Computer Graphics software to create, animate and render realistic 3D worlds, landscapes and natural environments
- Arbaro is an implementation of the tree generating algorithm described in Jason Weber & Joseph Penn: "Creation and Rendering of Realistic Trees".
- ngPlant is a plant modeling software package. ngPlant interactive tool can be used to create 3D models of different plants and trees.
- powerPlant is a plant modelling tool based on parametric plant descriptions, producing highly detailed models that can be exported to 3ds.
- Xfrog is a procedural organic 3D modeller that allows you to create and animate 3d trees, flowers, nature based special effects or architectural forms.
- TreeGen consists in a platform indipendent Python script which should work as a plugin for...
- this is an addon for blender3d which works pretty nice and isvery easy to use if you are familiar with nodes.