What is SilentNotes?
SilentNotes is note taking app which respects your privacy. It doesn't collect personal data, runs free of adds and is an open source (FOSS) software. Write your notes in a comfortable WYSIWYG editor with basic formatting like headers or lists, and synchronize them end-to-end encrypted between Android and Windows devices.
SilentNotes does not require an internet connection, the notes are stored locally on the device. Synchronization with the cloud is done exclusively end-to-end encrypted. The notes can be self hosted with an online-storage of your choice, this allows synchronizing them between devices and offers an easy backup. Currently supported are the FTP protocol, the WebDav protocol, Dropbox, Google-Drive and One-Drive.
Features: ? Take your notes wherever you are on your Android and Windows devices. ? Write the notes in an easily operated WYSIWYG editor. ? Create To-Do lists to keep an overview of your pending tasks. ? Protect your notes with a user defined password. ? Quickly find the right note with the full-text search, just by typing a few letters. ? Store the notes to an online-storage of your choice, this allows to synchronize them between devices and offers an easy backup. ? Currently supported are the FTP protocol, the WebDav protocol and Dropbox. ? The notes never leave the device unencrypted, they are end-to-end encrypted and can only be read on your devices. ? Use basic formatting to structure your notes and make them more readable. ? Get a note back from the recycle-bin if it was deleted by accident. ? SilentNotes does not collect user information and requires no unnecessary privileges.
SilentNotes Desktop Screenshots and Videos
- End-to-End EncryptionSilentNotes has E2E Encryption, for entire or parts of the app.
- Cloud SyncSync your data (notes, documents, bookmarks, etc.) across your different devices and to the cloud.
- Dark ModeSilentNotes supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Privacy focusedSilentNotes is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Ad-freeSilentNotes doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- WYSIWYG SupportSilentNotes integrates a WYSIWYG editor to edit the look and content of a document, page, or file.
- LightweightSilentNotes consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Developed byMartin Stoeckli
- LicensingOpen Source (MPL-2.0) and Free product.
- Written in
- RatingAverage rating of 5
- Alternatives55 alternatives listed
- 184 Stars
- 29 Forks
- 44 Open Issues
Our users have written 1 comments and reviews about SilentNotes, and it has gotten 5 likes