The most popular alternative is Nuance Dragon. It's not free, so if you're looking for a free alternative, you could try eSpeak or Simple TTS Reader. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 5 alternatives to ShelfClauses so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting ShelfClauses alternatives are TextAloud (Paid) and Chrome Speak (Free, Open Source).
- We rely on our computers more and more every day, whether we’re creating documents and reports, surfing the Web or catching up on email.
- eSpeak is a compact open source software speech synthesizer for English and other languages, for Linux and Windows.
- NextUp.com develops Windows text to speech (TTS) software applications like TextAloud that let your computer talk with AT&T Natural Voices.
- Simple TTS Reader is a small clipboard reader. Simply copy any text, and it will be read aloud.You can choose any installed speech engine, e.g. Microsoft Anna.
- Chrome Speak, select the text and right-click to speak with offline tts engine- Select text and select "Read the selected text" from context menu.