What is Session Sync?
Save sessions as bookmarks and access them across devices Using Session Sync you can save sessions as bookmarks. Use the rich user interface for session management: create, restore, open, edit or delete sessions/bookmarks or add new tabs to a certain session.
Why save sessions as bookmarks?
- all the data saved will be there no matter what addon you may use in the feature
- when using the url bar, Firefox will automatically suggest links based on your bookmarks
- easy access/edit/backup and then restore saved data using the integrated Bookmark Manager (even on smartphone / tablet) even if the addon is not installed
- CTRL+SHIFT+F - open the Widget UI
- CTRL+SHIFT+V - open the Tab View
- CTRL+SHIFT+U - open the Window View
- Shortcuts configuration can be changed from configuration (Firefox 60 and up, lower version do not offer the API required)
The sync functionality works with any bookmark synchronization service like:
Firefox Sync Account (recommended) EverSync
Session Sync will automatically detect new updates and display the updated sessions list across multiple machines.
- active session management (move around tabs)
- advanced bookmark management
- session restore with lazy-loading
- session auto-saving (not backed by Bookmarks)
- history list - session can be saved later as classic bookmark sessions
- private windows are ignored by auto-save
- auto-saving is only intended as a nice addition and is not full-featured (please look for other addons for complete auto-saving support)
- session filtering (search text) and sorting by name/position/date
- advanced drag-n-drop UI with fluid animations
- advance UI scaling for individual UI areas (session list, bookmark list, session header and toolbar)
- 3 working modes: Panel, Tab View, Window View
- many other customization
Session Sync Screenshots
Session Sync Features
Session Sync information
- 279 Stars
- 32 Forks
- 70 Open Issues