Jami (formerly GNU Ring, SFLphone) positions itself as a potential free Skype replacement,
Open Source and cross-platform. Jami gives you a full control over your communications and an unmatched level of privacy.
SIP-compatible softphone and SIP-based instant messenger for Linux, Microsoft Windows, OS X and Android.
Communicate in multiple ways:
• A telephone: a simple tool to connect, communicate and share.
• A teleconferencing tool: easily join calls to create conferences with multiple participants.
• A media sharing tool: Jami supports a variety of video input options, including mutliple cameras and image and video files, and the selection of audio inputs and outputs; all this is supported by multiple high quality audio and video codecs.
• A messenger: send text messeges during calls or out of calls (as long as your peer is connected).
• A building block for your IoT project: re-use the universal communications technology of Jami with its portable library on your system of choice.... More Info »
Developed and maintained by the Canadian company Savoir-faire Linux, and with the help of a global community of users and contributors.