What is ParPar?
ParPar is a high performance, multi-threaded PAR2 creation tool and library for node.js. ParPar does not verify or repair files, only creates redundancy. ParPar is a completely new, from ground-up, implementation, which does not use components from existing PAR2 implementations.
- all main packets from the PAR2 specification
- unicode filename/comment support
- asychronous calculations and I/O
- multi-threading via OpenMP
- multiple fast calculation implementations leveraging x86 (SSE2, SSSE3, AVX2, AVX512BW, GFNI) and ARM (NEON, SVE, SVE2) SIMD capabilities, automatically selecting the best routine for the CPU (see benchmark comparisons)
- multi-buffer (SIMD) MD5 implementation and accelerated CRC32 computation
- single read pass on source files if memory constraints allow (no separate hashing pass required)
- chunking support for memory constrained situations or for generating large amounts of recovery data
- minimum chunk size restrictions to avoid heavy I/O seeking when memory is limited
- cross-platform support
- completely different implementation to all the par2cmdline forks, using fresh new ideas and approaches :)
- 111 Stars
- 13 Forks
- 6 Open Issues