The most popular alternative is Express Scribe, which is free. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 19 alternatives to oTranscribe so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting oTranscribe alternatives are Listen N Write (Free), Scripto (Free, Open Source), parlatype (Free, Open Source) and Transcribe (Paid).
- Express Scribe transcription software and audio player specifically designed for typists. Featuring foot pedal control, variable speed, speech to text engine integration and supports a number of audio formats including wav, mp3, wma.
- Listen N Write can be used to play and transcribe ordinary audio and video recordings (WAV, MP3, OGG, WMA, AVI, MPG, WMV, OGV, FLV, VOB, TS, etc).
- Scripto is a free, open source tool for enabling community transcriptions of document and multimedia files.
- Offers adjustable speed, rewind-on-pause, timestamps, use with foot pedals and macros for LibreOffice
- Trascribe is a free online tool to help you with transcription of interviews or other audio files easily.
- pmTrans (The Poor's Man Transcriber) is an open source tool for manual interview transcriptions and provides a multitude of ways to control the playback of audio files.
- TranscriberAG is designed for assisting the manual annotation of speech signals.
- VoiceWalker is a transcriber's tool, designed to help you transcribe audio or video recordings.
- Open source transcription software for Linux, Windows, and Mac. Comparable to ExpressScribe. Press F2 to play/pause. Press F4 to rewind 3 seconds.
- Sonal if a free software for qualitative research. It lets you collect, organize, transcribe and code and analyze audio/video files.