Openfire is described as '(formerly Wildfire) is a cross-platform instant messaging (IM) and groupchat server' and is an app in the Social & Communications category. There are more than 10 alternatives to Openfire for a variety of platforms, including Windows, Linux, Mac, the Web and Android. The best alternative is Matrix.org, which is both free and Open Source. Other great apps like Openfire are Trillian (Freemium), Cisco Webex Meetings (Freemium), FreeConference.com (Free) and MongooseIM platform (Free, Open Source).
- Matrix defines a set of open APIs for decentralised communication, suitable for securely publishing, persisting and subscribing to data over a global open federation of servers... View 120 alternatives to Matrix.orgNo screenshots yet
- Free • Open Source
- Android Tablet
- Go (Programming Language)
Matrix.org vs OpenfireOpenfire is server software for the XMPP protocol. Matrix is a protocol itself. matrix.org is both the design board for that protocol, and a server that uses it. Should be an alternative to XMPP directly, instead.
- Trillian is an instant messaging app that works on phones, tablets, and desktops while keeping your chats neatly synchronized between all of them! View 152 alternatives to Trillian
- Freemium • Proprietary
Trillian vs OpenfireOpenfire is server software for XMPP, Trillian is a client that supports several protocols, including XMPP.
- ejabberd is an open source Jabber/XMPP server designed from the ground up to be the building bricks of highly critical messaging systems. Designed to be massively scalable, it is used to power web scale deployments across many software industries. View 9 alternatives to ejabberdNo screenshots yet
- Free • Open Source
- Instant Messaging (IM) server for internal and secure collaboration over corporate and business networks. It provides Active Directory support, message and file archiving, offline messaging and document distribution with a strong encryption of data. View 15 alternatives to Bopup Communication Server
- Paid • Proprietary