Open-E Data Storage Software SOHO Alternatives
The most popular alternative is OpenMediaVault, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 19 alternatives to Open-E Data Storage Software SOHO so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Open-E Data Storage Software SOHO alternatives are FreeNAS (Free, Open Source), Unraid (Paid), XigmaNAS (Free, Open Source) and Rockstor (Free, Open Source).
- OpenMediaVault is the next generation network attached storage (NAS) solution based on Debian Linux. It contains services like SSH, (S)FTP, SMB/CIFS, DAAP media server, RSync, BitTorrent client and many more. It can be enhanced via plugins.
- FreeNAS is an operating system that can be installed on virtually any hardware platform to share data over a network. FreeNAS is the simplest way to create a centralized and easily accessible place for your data.
- An operating system for personal and small business use that brings enterprise-class features letting you configure your computer systems to maximize performance and capacity using any combination of applications, VMs, storage devices, and hardware.
- XigmaNAS (formerly NAS4Free) is an embedded Open Source Storage NAS (Network-Attached Storage) distribution based on FreeBSD. This project is a continuation of...
- Rockstor is a free and open source NAS (Network Attached Storage) operating system. It’s a software solution and can be installed on commodity hardware or a hypervisor satisfying minimum system requirements.
- StorPool is an intelligent software-defined storage solution that allows service providers, enterprises and other Cloud builders to run data storage on standard x86 servers, instead of on expensive and inefficient storage arrays (SANs).
- The Amahi Home Server is designed for home and small office environments where the technical support staff do not want the job!
- ReadyNAS OS
ReadyNAS OS is based from Linux and is exclusive for the ReadyNAS products and can be controlled by web address (example 192.168.0.20) and has many features like app s...
- PetaSAN is an open source Scale-Out SAN solution offering massive scalability and performance. PetaSAN uses modern cloud based technologies to provide the elasticity and agility to scale up the storage cluster simply by adding more nodes.
- Compuverde is built to scale and it scales linearly. Each node consists of the same setup, and therefore Compuverde is completely scaleable with no single point of failure.