NAPS2 Alternatives for Linux
There are many alternatives to NAPS2 for Linux if you are looking to replace it. The most popular Linux alternative is Simple Scan, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 38 alternatives to NAPS2 and nine of them are available for Linux so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Linux alternatives to NAPS2 are VueScan (Paid), gscan2pdf (Free, Open Source), CopyFish (Free, Open Source) and Skanlite (Free, Open Source).
- Simple Scan is an easy-to-use application, designed to let users connect their scanner and quickly have the image/document in an appropriate format.
- Third-party software for film scanners and flatbed scanners.VueScan is a powerful, easy-to-use program that:-Scans documents, photos and film
- gscan2pdf can scan, clean the scan and do OCR on the scan or imported images (incl. existing PDFs, DjVus or other file types), and make PDF and DjVu-files with embedded OCR-text.
- Copy, paste and translate text from any image, video or PDF.
- Skanlite is a simple image scanning application to scan and save images. Skanlite is based on libksane, an interface for SANE library to control image scanners.
- PaperScan Scanner Software is a powerful TWAIN and WIA scanning application with an OCR engine centered on one idea: making document acquisition an unparalleled easy task for anyone.
- XSane is a graphical scanning front-end for SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy). It uses the SANE-library to talk to scanners.
- The openDias project is an Open Source offering, to bring a professional document scanning and storage utility for the home user.
- An easy to use, cross-platform scanning front-end for SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy).