What is MultiMC?
MultiMC is a free, open source launcher for Minecraft, managed by Forkk13and peterixxx. It allows you to have multiple, separate instances of Minecraft (each with their own mods, texture packs, saves, etc) and helps you manage them and their associated options with a simple interface.
- Manage multiple instances of Minecraft at once
- Start Minecraft with a custom resolution
- Change Java's runtime options (including memory options)
- Shows Minecraft's console output in a colour coded window
- Kill Minecraft easily if it crashes / freezes
- Custom icons and groups for instances
- Forge integration (automatic installation, version downloads, mod management)
- LWJGL version changing built-in
- Supports every version of Minecraft that the vanilla launcher does
- 3,984 Stars
- 819 Forks
- 290 Open Issues
Comments and Reviews
Said about MultiMC as an alternative
MultiMC supports latest Minecraft versions, automatic Forge and LiteLoader installation, it has better instances organization, it manages texturepacks, logs, notes and screenshots, and a ton more of features.
Easy to import modpacks from the Technic Launcher modpacks folder, and be able to use them in MultiMc and be able to customise it and create your own remix of that modpack.