Monkey 2 AlternativesGame Development Tools and other similar apps like Monkey 2
Create 2D and 3D Games for Windows.
If you've been yearning to create games but have been frustrated by the complexity of programming languages such as C++ or Java, you've come to the right place!
Blitz3D provides a simple yet powerful environment for game creation - s.
- - Blitz3D is the most popular Windows alternative to Monkey 2.
- - Blitz3D is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Monkey 2.
Cerberus X is a cross-platform, easy to learn object-oriented programming language focusing on game development with a powerful set of APIs that make it easy to draw lightning fast graphics on all supported platforms To achieve this, Cerberus X translate our code to the target...
- - Cerberus X is the most popular Android, Mac & Linux alternative to Monkey 2.
PlayBasic is a game programming language that gives new programmers the flexibility and feature set for rapid game development, without the complexity or cost. So everybody can experience the challenge of game programming again!
AppGameKit is a simple cross platform game development tool that runs on Windows, Linux, MacOS and Raspberry Pi. A version to run on Android and iOS is also available. With AppGameKit you can use a simple Basic like programming language to develop cross platform applications, 2D...
- - AppGameKit Classic is the most popular iPhone & iPad alternative to Monkey 2.
AppGameKit Studio is a fully featured cross-platform game development tool set that runs on Windows, Linux and MacOS. With the re-imagined game development user interface with the focus to be an all-in-one work space, you can now quickly drag & drop assets to visualize your...
- - AppGameKit Studio is the most popular commercial alternative to Monkey 2.
RCBasic is a free and open source dialect of the BASIC programming language. It is intended to be a simple and powerful language for developing games and multimedia software with many built-in functions to aid in game and multimedia application development.
DarkBASIC Professional is an advanced game development package built on the BASIC language, features more than 1000 commands that are geared towards game development, giving you an extremely powerful tool that is easy to use.Discontinued
Darkbasic was discontinued, project page now points to Game Guru
sdlBasic is a small, efficient and multiplatform basic interpreter aimed to game creation using the power of SDL library, it was inspired by the old and glorious AMOS.Discontinued
No updates since 2012.
- Create 2D Games for Windows. BlitzPlus provides developers with a complete 2D programming solution for the PC. Utilising a BASIC/C hybrid language for use with its compiler, BlitzPlus is capable of creating any type of 2D program, with minimal development-time and with minimal.
Lite-C is a programming language for multimedia applications and personal computer games, using a syntax subset of the C language with some elements of the C++ language. Its main difference to C is the native implementation of multimedia and computer game related objects like...Discontinued
No updates since 2012.