Ever been in a video call and needed to turn off your microphone, but couldn’t find the mute button quickly enough?
Mic Drop helps you mute (and then unmute!) your microphone with a keyboard shortcut or a menu bar control. It works with every meeting app out there—from Zoom to Slack, FaceTime to Houseparty.
It also shows your mic status in a menu bar icon, so you'll always know at a glance whether you're muted or not. And it lets you (un)mute yourself even if you don't have your meeting app open. More Info »
- Allows you to define a custom keyboard shortcut that works across your Mac.
- Works with every app and audio device out there.
- Automatically keeps you muted (or unmuted!) if you change audio devices.
- Supports push-to-talk and push-to-mute.
- Shows your microphone status in the menu bar.
- Respects your privacy. Mic Drop never listens to you.
Because Mic Drop mutes your audio at the system level, it works with any app you can imagine. We’ve tested with:
- Google Meet
- Microsoft Teams
- and many more.
It just works. No matter where you’re meeting, Mic Drop’s got you covered.