Spaced-repetition app, the best for scientists and coders. With rich formatting, with images, with code formatting, with formulas, with multiple flashcard types. Entir...
- Free • Open Source
- Flashcard Learning Tool
What is Memcode?
Create your own course to memorize anything you want. Flashcard-based, with text formatting, with images, with multiple flashcard types.
Spaced-repetition app, focused on ease and speed of creating own courses, with flashcard formatting (LaTeX, image insertion) and cloze deletion flashcards.
Spaced-repetition site, created with these points in mind:
- advanced flashcard formatting (LaTeX formulas, code syntax highlighting, image insertion, html-like formatting)
- speed of creating and learning courses, fast slick interface
- 2 types of flashcards: cloze-deletion flashcards (when one word is missing, and you have to insert it when reviewing the flashcard) - best for learning languages; and question-answer flashcards - best for science/programming/maths/any subject that needs an extended answer.
- it's completely free and open-source, you are welcome to contribute, reports bugs, and request new futures!
- site uses an SM2 algorithm for flashcard-repetition depending on your answers (same as Brainscape and Memrise). Is you answer your flashcards perfectly well, the repetition frequency will be approximately: 4 hours, 1 day, 4 days, 8 days, 13 days, 19 days, 25 days, 32 days, 41 days, etc.
- it's possible to navigate the interface completely via the keyboard.
- 249 Stars
- 60 Forks
- 63 Open Issues
Comments and Reviews
- Image insertion
Takes Flashcards to the next level. A 2.0 and even 3.0 iteration of the classic flashcard, taking the concept to an entirely different level. Whatever you've wanted from OTHER Flashcard apps, Memcode HAS - and MORE! MEMCODE is the alternative you're looking for!
simple interface, open source, very easy to get started. (not clear how they cover costs for further development and their hosting, though?)
I've tried other SRS solutions (and I used Anki for years), but none were as good as Memcode. I may be biased as I vastly prefer desktops to mobile, and Memcode doesn't appear to have a mobile app, - but what they do they do well. Bold text, image insertion, gif insertion (!). Everything in-browser, everything for free. Very smooth minimalistic vaporwave-inspired design. Highly advise to try it out.
I just say WOOOOW, this project is wonderful. fabulous Some advantages I love: