- Free • Open Source
What is Mayavi?
Mayavi seeks to provide easy and interactive visualization of 3-D data. It offers:
- An (optional) rich user interface with dialogs to interact with all data and objects in the visualization.
- A simple and clean scripting interface in Python, including one-liners, or an object-oriented programming interface. Mayavi integrates seamlessly with numpy and scipy for 3D plotting and can even be used in IPython interactively, similarly to Matplotlib.
- The power of the VTK toolkit, harnessed through these interfaces, without forcing you to learn it.
Additionally Mayavi is a reusable tool that can be embedded in your applications in different ways or combined with the Envisage application-building framework to assemble domain-specific tools.
No features, maybe you want to suggest one?Suggest and vote on features
No comments or reviews, maybe you want to be first?Post a comment/review
Recent user activities on Mayavi
- espinozahg added VisIt as an alternative to Mayavi
- inigoa added Mayaviin
- inigoa added Paraview as an alternative to Mayaviin
Comments and Reviews Post a comment/review