The most popular alternative is Blender, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 48 alternatives to LightWave so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting LightWave alternatives are SketchUp (Freemium), Wings 3D (Free, Open Source), Autodesk Maya (Paid) and Autodesk 3ds Max (Paid).
- Create vast expanses of terrains, add trees, select the best point of view and render hyper-realistic images of your landscapes in moody atmospheres... in a few mouse clicks.
- Real-time animation evolves with 3D Video FX, motion paths, HDR and rapid drag & drop creation inside iClone. iClone combines video production with 3D real-time animation.
- Lumion is a real-time 3D visualization tool for making movies and still shots of architecture, planning and design. It is also possible to give live demonstrations.
- K-3D is free-as-in-freedom 3D modeling and animation software.
- Hexagon delivers all the tools a graphic artist needs to create complete, detailed, textured 3D models ready to be rendered.
- Silo Professional is the main version of Silo, which gives users access to everything Silo has to offer.
- Carrara 8.5 offers the latest in DAZ technology. Our software engineers have worked meticulously to ensure that the new features in Carrara 8.
- ZModeler (or Zanoza Modeler) is a 3D modeling application.
- Designed by architects for architects, veteran visualization studio KA-RA has announced the release of Twinmotion®2, an award winning real-time studio that lets architects...
- 3D Model Maker lets you create virtual 3D models in your computer. You can create anything your imagination can think of. (Not limited to simple cubes or blocks like some apps!