K9 Web Protection Alternatives for Linux
Block ads for all your devices without the need to install client-side software. The Pi-hole blocks ads at the DNS-level, so all your devices are protected.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Pi-hole is the most popular Linux & Self-Hosted alternative to K9 Web Protection.
- - Pi-hole is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to K9 Web Protection.
Comments about Pi-hole as a Alternative to K9 Web Protectionpros, cons and recent commentsGuest
Pi-hole does not have content filtering like K9 Web Protection did where you could have it scan the contents of a web page for a keyword and block if it matched.0
- Is this is a good alternative?YesNo132 NextDNS alternatives
NextDNS protects you from all kinds of security threats, blocks ads and trackers on websites and in apps and provides a safe and supervised Internet for kids — on all devices and on all networks.
Suggest and vote on features
- - NextDNS is the most popular Web-based, Windows, Android, Mac, iPhone, iPad & SaaS alternative to K9 Web Protection.
- Privacy focusedNextDNS is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Ad-freeNextDNS doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Block TrackersNextDNS has a feature to block trackers from tracking you.
- Dark ModeNextDNS supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Malware AnalysisNextDNS can inspect a suspicious file or URL to detect potential threats.
- No LogsNextDNS doesn't keep any logs of your activities.
- Two-factor AuthenticationNextDNS supports two-factor authentication (2FA).
Pluckeye is a filter that bolsters self-control on the Internet.Suggest and vote on features
Comments about Plucky as a Alternative to K9 Web ProtectionMost users think Plucky is a great K9 Web Protection alternative.
Genius concept! And possible without external help. Can be self-administrated.-4
LeechBlock is a simple free productivity tool designed to block those time-wasting sites that can suck the life out of your working day. All you need to do is specify which sites to block and when to block them.Suggest and vote on features
Squid is a caching proxy for the Web supporting HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and more. It reduces bandwidth and improves response times by caching and reusing frequently-requested web pages. Squid has extensive access controls and makes a great server accelerator.Suggest and vote on features
CleanBrowsing is a family and kid-safe way to browse the web without surprises. It Automatically blocks adult content, while still allowing Google, Youtube, Bing and the core of the web to load safely. Easy setup in 5 minutes with nothing to install.Suggest and vote on features
NxFilter is a freeware web filtering software controlling user activity on Internet. You can monitor Internet usage in your network and block user request for websites with NxFilter. It offers many features like Active Directory integration, User or Group based policy...Suggest and vote on features
Opinions about NxFilter as a Alternative to K9 Web ProtectionMost users think NxFilter is a great K9 Web Protection alternative.
SafeDNS provides sophisticated cloud-based and software solutions for web content filtering which increase users' safety online by blocking botnets, malware and phishing resources, filter out most advertising and content users consider inappropriate.Suggest and vote on features
GateSentry is a cross-platform proxy server with content filtering capabilities, user authentication system and data consumption statistics. It's built with Golang and free to use.Suggest and vote on features
- PortableGateSentry can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
The developers have not updated GateSentry for three years.http://gatesentryfilter.abdullahirfan.com/