jStrip is described as 'free tool to reduce the file size of JPEG images without sacrificing image quality' and is an app in the Photos & Graphics category. There are more than 25 alternatives to jStrip for a variety of platforms, including Windows, Mac, Linux, the Web and SaaS. The best alternative is ImageOptim. It's not free, so if you're looking for a free alternative, you could try RIOT - Radical Image Optimization Tool or TinyPNG. Other great apps like jStrip are PNGGauntlet (Free), pngquant (Free, Open Source), JPEGmini (Paid) and Pingo Web Image Optimizer (Free).
- 34 alternatives
- Reduces the file sizes of images without quality loss by removing bloated metadata.
- Free Personal • Open Source
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Saving images for web/email/other media with the best compression ratio and quality is a difficult task if you don’t have the right tools.
- Make your website faster and save bandwidth. TinyPNG optimizes your PNG images by 50-80% while preserving full transparency!.
- Adobe Photoshop
- -Combines PNGOUT, OptiPNG, and DeflOpt to create the smallest PNGs-No image quality is lost — only file size-Converts JPG, GIF, TIFF, and BMP files to...
- pngquant is a command-line utility and a library for lossy compression of PNG images.No screenshots yet
- Free • Open Source
- JPEGmini is a patent-pending photo recompression technology, which significantly reduces the size of photographs without affecting their perceptual quality.No screenshots yet
JStrip just removes metadata it does not attempt to compress or optimise the image in any way.
- Experimental, fast Web PNG/JPG optimizer which offer lossless, visually lossless or lossy compression. it performs image reductions over iterations thanks to recursive multi-processing and multithreading systems.
- Optimize pictures without quality lossless.
With Black Bird Image Optimize - you can reduce the size of your photos several times without quality loss!.
- Curtail (previously ImCompressor) is a useful image compressor, supporting PNG and JPEG file types.
- Free • Open Source
- BatchPurifier can remove metadata from JPEG files in batch, thoroughly removing metadata such as EXIF (including thumbnail), Photoshop image resources (including IPTC), XMP...