FCEUX is a Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), Famicom, and Famicom Disk System (FDS) emulator. It supports both PAL (European) and NTSC (USA/JPN) modes. It supports both Windows and SDL versions for cross compatibility.
- - FCEUX is the most popular Windows & Linux alternative to JSNES.
- - FCEUX is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to JSNES.
Nestopia is a NES emulator that was written in C++ and it is perfect for games requiring precise timing since it is very cycle-accurate. With support for an incredible amount of mappers. It also supports NSFs, the famicom disk system, save states, IPS patching, battery-saved...
- - Nestopia is the most popular Mac alternative to JSNES.
The project is no longer developed. Last version, 1.40, released in June 2008, can be still downloaded from the official website.
Nesbox Emulator is a multiplatform emulator of video consoles. You can play your favorite NES, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis and GameBoy Color/Advanced games on any computer working under Windows 8.1/RT/Phone or directly in the browser.
- - NESBox is the most popular Self-Hosted alternative to JSNES.
MESS emulates portable and console gaming systems, computer platforms and calculators. The project strives for accuracy and portability and therefore is not always the fastest emulator for any one particular system.
DroidEmu is a game system to play SNES, NES, GameBoy Advanced, GameBoy/Color, SEGA GameGear, SEGA Genesis games on your Android phone. It runs thousands of games at full speed.
- - DroidEmu is the most popular Android alternative to JSNES.
No longer available.
Advanced open-source NES emulator (known as Famicom in Japan) based on FCEUX with a minimalist UI and a focus on low audio/video latency, supporting a wide variety of devices from the original Xperia Play to modern devices like the Nvidia...
- - NES.emu is the most popular Android Tablet alternative to JSNES.
- - NES.emu is the most popular commercial alternative to JSNES.