What is Mesen?
Mesen is a NES/Famicom emulator and NSF player. It is still a work in progress and under active development.
- High Accuracy - A lot of effort has gone into making Mesen as accurate as possible.
- Support for over 215 mappers (out of approximately 220 known mappers, over 99% of games supported).
- NES, Famicom (including Famicom Disk System), Dendy, VS System, NSF, NSFe are all supported.
- Supports: Save States, Movie/Audio Recording, Screenshots, Cheat Codes.
- Net Play - Play online with friends.
- Built-in Debugger.
- Automatic updates - Mesen is able to check for updates and automatically install new versions of itself.
- Other Features: 7z/zip archive support, numerous video filters (xBRZ, Scale2x, NTSC, etc.), sound recorder, sound effects, etc.
- 1,142 Stars
- 246 Forks
- 104 Open Issues
Comments and Reviews
Said about Mesen as an alternative
only 1 executable file and AIO program. Debugger, Emulator and .nsf(8 bit music) player nice.