The most popular alternative is Diigo, which is free. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 8 alternatives to Hypothes.is so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Hypothes.is alternatives are Memex (Freemium, Open Source), Markup-Annotation Expert (Free), Weava (Freemium) and Highlights by Learning Paths (Free).
- Better reading and research with annotations, highlighter, sticky notes, archiving, bookmarking and more.
- A privacy focused browser extension to eliminate time spent bookmarking, re-googling or copy-pasting notes into scattered docs.
- Markup is an expert on web and document annotations. It allows you to highlight everything on PDFs, web pages, and ePub books.
- Weava is a collaborative workplace for research offering an easy way to highlight, organize and collaborate on your research articles.
- "Highlights by Learning Paths" chrome extension helps you organise your content across the internet.
- dokieli is a distributed article authoring, annotation, and social notification tool which works from a browser.
- The only browser history you will ever want to keep.
- Kontxt is an inline communication and engagement tool that adds live collaboration and interactivity to digital content. Enterprise productivity. Remote education. Site owner revenue. Personal social news aggregation, rating, sharing, and discussion.