The most popular alternative is nginx, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 44 alternatives to Hiawatha so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Hiawatha alternatives are Apache HTTP Server (Free, Open Source), Caddy (Free Personal, Open Source), lighttpd (Free, Open Source) and Microsoft IIS (Paid).
- nginx [engine x] is a HTTP and reverse proxy server, as well as a mail proxy server written by Igor Sysoev.
- Apache, is a web server notable for playing a key role in the initial growth of the World Wide Web and in 2009 became the first web server to surpass the 100 million web site...
- Caddy makes web development faster, easier, and more productive for busy people with busy websites.
- lighttpd (pronounced "lighty") is a web server designed to be secure, fast, standards-compliant, and flexible while being optimized for speed-critical environments.
- Internet Information Services (IIS) for Windows® Server is a flexible, secure and easy-to-manage Web server for hosting anything on the Web.
- Abyss Web Server is a compact web server available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and FreeBSD operating systems.
- Devd is a single statically compiled binary with no external dependencies, and is released for OSX, Linux and Windows.
- Denwer is a collection of often-used web-servers for web-programmers. It is used to debug web-sites under Win32.
- LiteSpeed Web Server (LSWS) is a high-performance Apache drop-in replacement. LSWS is the 4th most popular web server on the internet and the #1 commercial web server.