Language learning app - learn a language by chatting with native speakers around the world.
HelloTalk, a free mobile app for iOS and Android devices, lets language le...
- Freemium • Proprietary
- Language Learning Tool
- Social Network
- Android Tablet
What is HelloTalk?
HelloTalk, the 1st global language and culture exchange community, connects you with native speakers of other languages (English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Arabic, and 100 more).
- Search for people whose needs match yours
- Practice your target language with native speakers via text/audio messages
- Free audio and video call to better practice your listening and speaking skills
- Share moments with other members and get Likes and Comments
- Learning specific features: Translation, Transliteration, Grammar correction, Text to voice, and Voice recognition to improve your writing/speaking skills
- It’s not curriculum based, it’s communication based. You have no homework. Instead, you’re having fun while learning
IMMERSE YOURSELF IN ANOTHER CULTURE
When you learn a language with real people, you will learn more than just a language. You'll be exposed to a different culture, and a new way of seeing the world.
In HelloTalk, you get connected with real people who might be your “penpals” that can help you with your Japanese grammar/accent, explain Chinese culture to you, be your travel buddy in France, and even be your friends in the country you expat in.
It helps you overcome language barriers, see the cultural diversity, and prepare for culture shock before you travel/study/expat in a foreign culture.
- 4.66 avg rating
Comments and Reviews
- Social Network
- Travel Assistant
CategoriesEducation & Reference • Social & Communications
Lists containing HelloTalkAcademia & Skills • Language Learning • Language Learning • Language Learning
Recent user activities on HelloTalk
- xuxangxeo doesn't think Speaking Cultures is an alternative to HelloTalkThe language exchange service is no longer active. The site becomes a place to share study materials, or to help with English tests.
- xuxangxeo doesn't think Ayni is an alternative to HelloTalkOnly French speakers are supported, not other languages.
- xuxangxeo Upvoted a comment on Rosetta Stone as an alternative to HelloTalkRosetta stone is for studying on your own, not practicing with native speakers.
I love all the chat features. It's easy to see all my gramatical mistakes when my partner corrects me.