HelloTalk, the 1st global language and culture exchange community, connects you with native speakers of other languages (English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Arabic, and 100 more).
1. Search for people whose needs match yours
2. Practice your target language with native speakers via text/audio messages
3. Free audio and video call to better practice your listening and speaking skills
4. Share moments with other members and get Likes and Comments
5. Learning specific features: Translation, Transliteration, Grammar correction, Text to voice, and Voice recognition to improve your writing/speaking skills
6. It’s not curriculum based, it’s communication based. You have no homework. Instead, you’re having fun while learning... More Info »
IMMERSE YOURSELF IN ANOTHER CULTURE
When you learn a language with real people, you will learn more than just a language. You'll be exposed to a different culture, and a new way of seeing the world.
In HelloTalk, you get connected with real people who might be your “penpals” that can help you with your Japanese grammar/accent, explain Chinese culture to you, be your travel buddy in France, and even be your friends in the country you expat in.
It helps you overcome language barriers, see the cultural diversity, and prepare for culture shock before you travel/study/expat in a foreign culture.
Links to official HelloTalk sites
Official Website Facebook
Subscription that costs between $2 and $5. Price may vary depending on commitment and so on.
Chat syncronization French German Social network Text chat
Add a feature
Education & Reference Social & Communications
cebuano chinese-simplified chinese-traditional croatian czech danish dutch educational english esperanto estonian filipino finnish galician georgian gujarati haitian-creole hausa hindi hmong hungarian icelandic igbo indonesian irish japanese javanese kannada khmer korean language-exchange lao latin latvian learn-a-language lithuanian macedonian malay maltese maori marathi mongolian nepali norwegian persian polish portuguese punjabi reference romanian russian serbian slovak slovenian somali spanish swahili swedish tamil thai travel-assistant turkish ukrainian urdu vietnamese welsh yiddish yoruba zulu