GV Connect is an unofficial iPhone/iPod Touch application for Google Voice. It stores your account password securely in your device's keychain for faster logins - communication is done via secure connections (SSL) to the Google Voice servers and no contact information is sent to Google. All operations are fully synchronized with your Google Voice account.
• Place calls using your Google Voice number rather than your mobile number.
• Send and receive text messages (SMS) from your Google Voice number.
• Listen to voicemails and recorded conversations right on your device (allowing you to pause, rewind, or fast forward to any point within the message) - voicemails will also show the transcription of the message when available.
• Mark messages as starred, attach notes to conversations, block/unblock senders, or delete conversations.
• Easily search in your history by contact, message, or note.
• Messages are stored on your device for offline access.
• Composing notes and text messages can be done in landscape mode.
• Quickly change various Google Voice account settings (call forwarding, do-not-disturb, message notifications, …) directly from within the application.
• Automatic checking for new messages while the application is active.
• Direct access to your device's contacts without needing to synchronize them with Google
• All communication is done with the Google Voice website directly, no need to hand over your account information to a third-party.
• TextExpander touch snippet expansion.... More Info »
Google Voice is discontinued? No problem: GV Connect doesn't use the VoIP access that Google terminated so none of its features should be affected.
An existing Google Voice account with a GV phone number is required to use this application - signup for new Google Voice accounts is currently limited to residents of the US.