Google Family Link
Help your family create healthy digital habits Whether your children are younger or in their teens, the Family Link app lets you set digital ground rules to help guide ...
- Free • Proprietary
- Parental Control Tool
- Chrome OS
What is Google Family Link?
Whether your children are younger or in their teens, the Family Link app lets you set digital ground rules to help guide them as they learn, play, and explore online. For children under 13 (or the applicable age of consent in your country), Family Link also lets you create a Google Account for your child that's like your account, with access to most Google services. You can:
Guide them to good content
• View their activity - Not all screen time is the same. Help your child make healthy decisions about what they do on their Android device, with activity reports showing how much time they’re spending on their favorite apps.
• Manage their apps - Handy notifications let you approve or block apps your child wants to download from the Google Play Store. You can also manage in-app purchases, and hide specific apps on their device.
• Feed their curiosity - It can be hard to figure out what apps are right for your child, so Family Link shows you teacher-recommended apps on Android that you can add directly to their device.
Keep an eye on screen time
• Set limits - It’s up to you to decide the right amount of screen time for your child. Family Link lets you set time limits and a bedtime for their supervised devices, so you can help them find a good balance.
• Lock their device - Whether it’s time to go play outside, have dinner, or just spend time together, you can remotely lock a supervised device whenever it’s time to take a break.
See where they are
• It’s helpful to be able to find your child when they’re on the go. You can use Family Link to help locate them as long as they’re carrying their Android devices.
...more info in app stores description.
Google Family Link Screenshots
Google Family Link Features
Google Family Link information
- Catalan; Valencian
- Norwegian Bokmål
- 4.6 avg rating
Comments and Reviews
CategoriesSecurity & Privacy • Home & Family
Recent user activities on Google Family Link
- lindaWilliams added Google Family Link as alternative(s) to Mobicip
- Maoholguin added Google Family Link as alternative(s) to Nintendo Switch Parental Controls
- achquack liked Google Family Linkac
As of August 2019, in order to add a child profile to a phone or tablet, the child profile needs to be the main profile on the device. If you want to add other users (like parents) you need to set child permission to manage users/accounts on that device in your parent's version of Family Link.
There's no way to add another child profile to already supervised device, so bear that in mind if you own a shared/family tablet, and if you add yourself (an adult/parent account) first, you won't be able to add any children as additional profiles, unless you disable supervision for their accounts.
Also, there are so many ways for the kids to work around the lockdown, and use the phones/tablets when they're supposed to be locked, that it's really easier just talking to your kids, than fighting this app shortages and bad design.
"This app is available only on the App Store for iPhone." Can anyone recommend a similar app for macOS?
Family link us is more than useless on a PC. It makes iit so the chrome browser is useless. Requires the link administrator to log in each time the browser is restarted just for my kid to check his e-mail. One of the reasons I wanted it is to control the Youtube my kid watches. Once family like is installed, if the kid is longed in they can no longer watch youtube on the PC. This program is only for Android and sort of for chromebooks. I wish the description of what this does was much more clear.