Foundry VTT is a standalone application built for experiencing multiplayer tabletop RPGs using a feature-rich and modern self-hosted application where your players connect directly through the browser.
As a "virtual tabletop", the software provides a set of digital tools which are designed to imitate and expand upon the experience of playing a game in-person with your friends.
Support for character sheets, rolling dice, exploring battlemaps, and moving heroic tokens are just a few of the many features which enable this experience. More Info »
Foundry VTT goes well beyond the basic feature set, however, with rich dynamic lighting, fog of war, audio playlists, video chat using webcams, and way more. The feature list is basically unlimited thanks to a very active community and module support. With just a bit of coding you can expand upon the core features yourself.
At the heart of Foundry Virtual Tabletop and its design are the following six guiding principles:
• Offer one-time purchase software for GMs where players can connect for free.
• Relentlessly innovate using powerful and modern web technologies.
• Empower community developers with a best-in-class API and modding tools.
• You own your own content; no dependency on external services and no feature gating.
• Provide a powerful system agnostic framework that can be extended for homebrew.
• Incorporate direct integrations to other helpful game-mastering tools.